Tuesday 16 May 2017

Star (Wars) in their eyes

In the same vein as the ‘popular’ Men who look like animals/vegetables series, I bring you Star Wars character looky-likeys.


Do you want to see some tenuous resemblances between famous people and your favourite rubber monsters, shiny robots and aliens? Don’t be silly - of course you do!

First up the iconic golden know-it-all and insufferable fusspot, robot C3PO

Separated at inception, from…

Charles Hawtrey!
Friends, I’m convinced that George Lucas based his golden robot on this actor from the ‘Carry on’ films. Hawtrey even plays a multilingual character in the early (and one of the only good) Carry on films, Carry On Regardless.

Second up, everyone's favourite Wookie, Chewbacca















Twinned with great actor and all round dude, Jeff Bridges











Next in the spotlight is the cuddly little fella, the Ewok. Ewoks are somewhat divisive; many thinking they're too cute and have no business in the franchise. As I came to Star Wars as a child and a child with a penchant for cuddly toys, I've always liked the Ewoks and this is my candidate for the Ewok looky-likey:
Ewok
Kenny Rogers

OK so any bearded man might be a candidate here, but let's face it, Country and Western legend Rogers ticks a couple of boxes - hairy, a bit squishy-face and with Ewok-like teeth.

I have to admit that I'm running out of steam a bit here, reader; peopele have already drawn parallels between Jabba the Hutt's toady, Salacious Crumb and fascist fuckwit, Nigel Farage (and I can't bear to pollute this post with his image. Any comparisons with Jabba himself might bring accusations of fat shaming, so I'd prefer not to go there. So, I'm going to have to end with a rather obvious, really lazy one (which is perhaps what Lucas himself was doing) and say:

Gredo
And
One of these prawns!

Thank you and goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment