Tuesday 23 April 2019

The trials and tribulations of a 'dorg'


Hello there reader, I hope this finds you well.

I haven’t written in a while because I haven’t really had the heart for it. Things have all been a bit meh, a bit shit and a bit arghhh! I was lying awake at 3 o’clock in the morning one day and thinking about lots of things and my inability to express them and I had the idea to put it *all down in a cartoon. A kind of visual diary.  *I say all but of course it won’t really be ‘all’, it will be part censored and part fictionalised. I’m not under any illusions about my drawing skills, it’s not really about that, but I do find writing and drawing the cartoon enormously therapeutic. The idea is that if I carry on drawing, within a year, my technique will have improved, either that or I’ll get bored with it and give it up.

I’ve called the cartoon ‘Space Dorg’ because I think it has a nice ring to it but, as yet, it has nothing whatsoever to do with space. It’s ‘dorg’ because that’s how one of my kids pronounces the word ‘dog’ and I just like it.

Did you really need another collar?














































The production values are very low.

No comments:

Post a Comment