Friday 26 April 2019

Family Life



If you have children and they have reached or passed school age, you will be familiar with the following discourse:

Parent:
- Can you get dressed please.
- We’re leaving in 20 minutes, can you get dressed.
- Have you brushed your teeth?
- Why are you not dressed?
- Oh for god’s sake - GET DRESSED NOW!!!!

And you think - when did I become this dull, shouty, awful person?

I have a confession to make, I’ve got you here under false pretences because all I’m giving you is some more cartoons. I said I can’t write at the moment and it’s easier to draw. The next set of drawings are based around family life and it’s a lot easier to represent how I felt when my daughter told me that she wished I wasn’t her mother, than to put it down in words. Thus you have a dog howling in the park rather than a woman, er, sobbing in the park, behind her sunglasses (I think the dog says it better).

Even if you don’t have kids I hope you can relate.













































No comments:

Post a Comment