Monday 27 October 2014

The Best Laid Plans...


My plan to do a 45 minute walk to work today didn't happen, because I didn't go to work. When I tried to speak to my daughter this morning to ask her whether she needed the toilet or not (she needs constant reminding) a bullfrog croak came out. Have been coughing up nasty, meteor-sized, green rocks ever since and feeling generally crappy. The kids have gone to the grandparents (as they would have done if I'd gone to work) so I don't have to worry about trying to add authority when I whisper-hiss at the older child to stop tormenting the younger.
So, no exercise for me today and this is a real shame as it's a beautifully, sunny October day. I really should use the time to do something productive like teach myself how to touch type or work on my magnum opus. Or perhaps I'll try some of that desktop yoga that the trainer showed us how to do at the workshop last week. Hmm...I wonder if you can put desktop yoga into myfitnesspal and see how many calories you burn off doing all those shoulder rolls and foot lifts...

No comments:

Post a Comment